CALL FOR APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
The call for Tofino Poet Laureate applications is now closed for the 2020-2022 Tofino Poet Laureate term.
Example of Application
Letter of Intent
A letter of Intent considering the following Questions:
1. Are you a resident of Tofino, or have been at some point in the past? Are you familiar with the issues and values of the community? Please explain.
2. What contributions have you made to the cultural and literary communities?
3. Have you produced written or oral works reflecting the community? If so, what are they?
4. A large part of being a poet laureate is being comfortable representing the community in public. Can you provide examples of past activities and/or public readings you’ve been part of?
5. What one piece of literary work are you most proud of? Please include a sample of that work along with 4-5 other samples of work.
6. Why would you like to be Tofino’s next Poet Laureate?
7. What would you like to achieve in the role of Poet Laureate? Are there any special projects you’d like to accomplish during your tenure. If yes, please explain.
8. Who is your favourite Canadian or International Poet?
Below are a list of additional attachments you may wish to include with you application.
– Up to 3 additional samples of your work. (Please note, this is in addition to the 5-6 requested samples in question #5.)
– Publication List